Sunday, January 18, 2009

Work.

So I have come to the conclusion in the short twenty years in the rat race that work is what you make of it. You can hate it, love it, just go to it, or not. At this point I think I could actually work in a shit plant and keep a positive outlook. So I prefer to play it like a game. The actual work rarely entertains me any longer so I focus on the job as my source of entertainment.
I treat my work as an episode of survivor(That "reality" game show that has been on the Fox network for a decade that I am not sure if anyone watches anymore). I like to identify the "Players" and see how I can be an asset to them and find the "Bully" to systematically destroy them and their credibility. I know it is sick but if I am going to spend 10 hours of my day doing something it must keep my mind occupied. It must be working, I dodged the layoffs and after being at my place of employment for three short months I just found out that I am the Employee of the Month. What the Fuck do I have to look forward to now? I guess it's time for pranks. Like placing McDonald employment applications on co-workers desk. Relocating employee's personal effects. Rubber cementing everything down to the desk.Placing a piece of scotch tape over the phone earpiece so they shout at customers.Or there is always Photo shop fun! Stay Tuned for next weeks exciting manufactured Drama.

1 comment:

  1. I like that, I am going to have to try that outlook, and I am still guilty of watching survivor.... Haha... and Congrat on the Employee of the month, Jerrod told me and I think that is great. A few great pranks I did at my last employer was I took pictures of my boss and made like 200 copies and put them all over the office, in the cabinets, and refridge, in her desk, on the doors, behind doors... also putting the stapler in a bowl of jello, or vaseline on their ear set... LOL Well great post, I hope we get to meet in person one day...lol

    ReplyDelete