Sunday, January 18, 2009

Call me Balls, James Balls

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Call me Balls, James Balls
Current mood: devious
Category: Fashion, Style, Shopping

Like most people, I hate phone solicitors. Despite what most of my friends may say I don’t even like talking on phones. So to have someone cold call you to pitch something or ask me to take a survey really burns my biscuts. At one point I would refuse to put my phone number on any application. I was convinced that any company that I gave my number too would surely sell it to the black market just so they could call me. Narcissistic much? Anyway, this brings my to a recent situation. When you go shopping at the major grocery outlets you are forced by price to become a member of their club. If you don’t join you get to pay the ass raping inflated price. So I joined the club of the closest store and have used their card to pay reasonable prices for food and gas for years. My card wore out. You say just give them your phone number.................they don’t have that. So now I am forced to try all of my friends and family’s numbers until I find one that works. Walking back to the car it hits me.You all know I love to prank and joke. The end result is to make myself laugh and if I can crack a few of you nuts in the process it is a total bonus. So why not have some fun. You must play along! Think up a half dozen funny but believable names. Go to every different grocery store in your area that has a club or reward program. Fill out the application for a new card. When you need to fill in the address and phone numbers don’t use yours. Be creative. Use the Funeral home, Abortion clinic, STD clinic, Your favorite rehab center, Mental institution, I think you get the idea. So now after turning in all of your application let the games begin.
While leaving Safeway tonight I heard "Thank you Mr. Balls!" I laughed all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment