Sunday, January 18, 2009

Equal Rights?

Friday, June 06, 2008

Equal Right?
Current mood: amused
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers



Let's start with way too much information. We can talk about my lack of boundaries later!
I have a regular morning appointment. This particular morning there was a scheduling conflict in the "board room". This forced me to find an alternate venue for my morning business. So since there is only one stall in our end of the building I was forced to try something new. So I hit up the next available alternative that just so happened to be the ladies room.
Now this is where the whole thing gets uncomfortable. I was greeted by warm lighting, granite counter tops, the smell of jasmine, complimentary hair products and lotions. A regular day spa if you will. I stuck my head back out into the hall way to see if by chance I had entered another dimension, but no. the cold dealership hallway was still there.
I really should explain my confusion. You see when I walk into the Men's Room, I am greeted by an assaulting aroma of stale piss, the flickering ambiance of dying florescent lighting, stained & peeling vinyl flooring and if I'm lucky paper towels actually in the dispenser. It is exactly what I imagine a long unattended truck stop bathroom in the middle of Fargo North Dakota would look and smell like.
So as we speak I am rallying the technicians and starting a Union so we can complain about it to someone with a title, because our Boss just doesn't seem to care that we don't have body butter and hair gel at our disposal. I can't wait for tomorrow so I can hit up the spa again!

No comments:

Post a Comment