Sunday, January 18, 2009

Beauty Fades...........

Monday, October 29, 2007

Beauty fades, Stupid is forever!
Current mood: blah

So when did it happen? When did I cross the line into Geritol land? Let me back up and put this into perspective.......................................
I am @ work doing what it is that I apparently was born to do, listen to co-workers bitch and moan. When I hear this 20ish lube jockey fly into a tirade about having to do another oil change. Granted, as jobs @ the dealership go this is equivalent to taking out the trash in some ways. It is not glamorous but it is a very important job. It is an opportunity to inspect a customers car for potential problems and to help the customer get the most out of their investment. A job I have done so many times in the last 12 years I don't dare count. A job I continue to do daily among other task. But for some reason this KID believes that in his vast 7 months in this business he is above and beyond changing oil.
This is a trend I am seeing more and more of. I have talked to other friends who report similar trends. People under the age of 25-28 acting self entitled and not having a work ethic. I began working on my family's fishing boat when I was 13. I have worked ever since. This is the question I have. Was there a change? Is there a trend of parents coddling or overindulging that ruined the work force. Is it that the working class has had to have both parents work to pay the bills and has substituted their lack of presence with presents? Or is this something that everyone goes through as they get older and become self righteous in the process. Is it simply my imagination or perception. Or do I just happen to be surrounded by all of the young and lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment