Sunday, June 14, 2009

Talent or Ignorance, You decide.


I my few short years in the blue collar workforce I have commuted long and far and sometime short distances. My longest commute involved two to four hours of fun with the Washington State Ferry System followed by a snail crawl through Downtown Seattle to reach Everett another hour or so later. My shortest was a brisk 3 minute walk through The town of Vashon Washington. The rest of my Jobs usually led me on an hour drive each way. These days I can be to work in twelve minutes by car. I actually miss the longer drive to work. It gave me time to wake up behind the wheel and listen to My favorite indulgence, the Bob Rivers Show. Well during those years of my Auto Commute I have seen people do many thing besides driving behind the wheel. Read the Paper, a novel, write a novel, apply make-up, shave, shave their head, flat iron or curl hair, brush teeth, put in contacts. You get the idea. Well last week in my very short commute I saw something I have never seen nor did I ever expect. A woman with way to much on her plate for the 24 hours in a day was talking on her phone while shaving her armpit. And all I could think was, is anybody really gonna care that much if you have pit stubble for a day?

3 comments:

  1. hahahah! I LOVE the new title BTW - But YES people will care you can't be the bohemian girl living La Vie Boheme - Come on now - SHAVE in your car or die the death of embarrassment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still waiting for the day I see someone brushing their teeth and using their windscreen washers to rinse with. Personally I'd just fill the reservoir with listerene to simplify things!

    PS Loving the new banner - it's sexy and retro cool. Or should that be retrosexual?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Evian Spring water with rubing alcohol and vinegar.

    We must all Thank Mr. Dalton for the FRESH graphics......Thanks Dalton!

    ReplyDelete