Sunday, June 9, 2013

And so it begins.

                 Maybe I should have known, that when I stopped blogging that may have been an indication that things just weren't right. I'm so inconsistent in some habits that I thought it was just another thing I had lost interest in as I aged. At any rate, here we are. And for whatever reason I have an itch to vomit some thoughts onto this virtual paper, it's been too long. I guess the bigest poblem is where to start. I have little training so please don't expect a real format here, it's all ramblings and rhea for this ride. Get comfy, grab a drink and take a load off.

                I find myself at the end of a five year relationship, a year longer than the last but but still the end. It took me places I would have never gone on my own, sometimes pouting and bitching as I went. But hands down the best experience yet. Apparently it's the thing to do in this day and age, meet online, fall head over heals, relocate thousands of miles, realize that you didn't actually get to know the person even though you spent countless hours talking on the phone until one of you fell asleep on the other end, to move in together and spend the next few years actually getting to know each other to realize you are actually better friends than Life Partners. Funny how you think you both speak the same language until you live together and then although you both speak English neither understand what the other is thinking or saying. I wonder if Skype and Facetime romances will be more successful?
               
                  What do you do, after that long you have routines that aren't really yours they were developed to be part of a we and now you are there not being a we and you've not made plans with someone so you can check with the wife and there is no wife. I always thought of myself as independent, I was always so annoyed that I had to schedule time to do nothing, but now I'm almost overwhelmed with the freedom of options. I'm sure it's like riding a bicycle.

                    I work in a field that is dominated by straight men, I have as long as I remember even  before I realized I wasn't and I just learned to fit in. Until moving to Denver I didn't even have any Gay Friends besides a rouge lesbian here and there but everybody has one of those, they are like a Swiss Army Knife. Anyway, at work I stepped onto the tool truck to catch the tail end of a conversation where an ex convict was slandering his cellmate for being a "Fag" for wanting to cuddle after they had made the beast with two backs. It was the first time in a long time that I felt uncomfortable in  my skin and was confused by human nature.

                     After thinking long and hard I have discovered the secret to happiness, Village Inn Peanut Butter Pie. Try it.


                   

1 comment: